- Pad on the input that's switchable between 0dB and -10dB ensures the pedal is optimized for use with both passive and active pickups
- Blend allows a player to mix to taste the direct and distorted signals
- Three outputs: a 1/4â€³ effect out, 1/4â€³ direct (buffered dry) out and XLR DI out give complete control of your output signal and sound
- Foot-switchable crossover section with a variable low pass filter on the dry signal and a variable high pass filter on the distorted signal give bassists the ability to sculpt their sound
- Crossover circuit, in conjunction with the Blend control, lets you keep the low-end clear and focused and the high-end bright and cutting
- Built-in noise gate with an adjust threshold eliminates unwanted noise at any level
- Tough and compact die-cast chassis
- 9-Volt battery included
- Optional 9.6DC-2000BI power supply available
- Dimensions in inches: 4.75 (w) x 5.75 (l) x 2.5 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 146 (w) x 121 (l) x 64 (h)
• Big Muff Knob Layout — Sustain, Tone and Volume
• Crossover Filtering — further sculpt your distorted and dry tones
• Gate — remove unwanted hum
• Input Pad — accommodate active pickups
• Blend — control the mix between effect and dry signals
• DI Output — connect directly to mixing consoles and recording equipment
• Volume — obtain just the right balance between bypass and effect
• Buffered Bypass — high quality buffer with extended low frequency response
• Direct Output — outputs your buffered dry signal for secondary signal chain
The Deluxe Bass Big Muff draws its roots from the legendary Sovtek battle-tank green Big Muff
Pi from the late ‘90s as well as from the original Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi from the early
‘70s. The Deluxe Bass Big Muff takes the best elements from both of these classics, employs
sonic elements that were specifically designed for your bass and gives you even more toneshaping
options than ever before.
VOLUME — Works as a master volume for the entire pedal and is capable of boosting the input
signal by 14dB above unity gain.
BLEND — This mixes between the dry and distorted signals. Turn this knob fully
counterclockwise for 100% dry signal and fully clockwise for 100% wet signal. Setting the
BLEND knob to noon yields a 50/50 mix of dry/distorted signal.
TONE — Provides a range of sounds from high treble to deep bass on the distorted effect only.
The overall tone filter frequencies were carefully chosen to enhance your bass guitar. As you
turn the TONE knob clockwise the treble response of the Big Muff distortion increases.
SUSTAIN — As in the original Big Muff Pi, adjusts the amount of sustain and distortion.
GATE — Controls the input amplitude needed to open the noise gate. As you turn the GATE
knob clockwise, the amount of gating increases, requiring a louder signal to open the gate and
allow your instrument to pass through. Turning the GATE knob down all the way disables the
noise gate function.
HPF — When CROSSOVER is engaged, the signal just prior to entering the distortion circuit is
sent through a second-order high pass filter. The HPF knob adjusts the cutoff frequency range
of the high pass filter from 125Hz to 1.75kHz, with the frequency increasing as the knob is
LPF — When CROSSOVER is engaged the dry signal is sent through a second-order low pass
filter. The LPF knob adjusts the cutoff frequency range of the low pass filter from 60Hz to
10kHz, with the frequency increasing as the knob is turned clockwise.
INPUT — This toggle switch engages 10dB of attenuation on the input to make the Deluxe Bass
Big Muff friendlier to basses with active pickups.
BYPASS FOOTSWITCH — Toggles between effect mode and a high quality buffered bypass.
When the red status LED is lit, the effect is active. When the LED is off, the Deluxe Bass Big
Muff Pi is in bypass mode.
CROSSOVER FOOTSWITCH — Turns the crossover circuit on and off. When the green status
LED is lit, the crossover circuit is active and the HPF and LPF knobs can be used to produce a
multitude of different tones.